Geomag™ Education Kit, Mechanics
Made up of magnetic rods, steel spheres and different shaped panels, this Swiss-made product is the symbol of the magnetic construction system that has brought worldwide recognition to the Geomag brand. Thanks to these simple components and the magic of magnetism, endless 3D structures can be created with total freedom of imagination and creativity.
Apart from the classic magnetic rods and steel spheres, Geomag Mechanics has mechanical elements within the constructions, widening the play possibilities: some of the parts rotate, triggering a chain reaction generated by the magnets attracting and repelling. In this set, students are introduced to the basic concept of magnetic polarities. They then tailor the polarities to create controlled magnetic reactions and drive motion before progressively tackling more challenging tasks such as building and reinforcing a bridge span. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) are woven into this stimulating and truly innovative set, which includes easy-to-comprehend, downloadable student work sheets and a teachers guide. Contained in a plastic Gratnells SmartCase® for easy storage. 212 pieces + 42 cards.
- Polarities and making a compass
- Understanding push and pull forces: basics - “crocodile jaw” - oscillating pendulum
- Magnetic levitation
- Increasing/decreasing magnetic forces
- Range of shapes of regular polygons and how to form a structure using them
- How to form 3D shapes
- Structures and how to make them stronger (bridges etc)
- The effect of triangulation on structures
- Using spheres to experience low friction rotational movement
- Understanding simple bearings/thrust bearings
- Combining rotational movement with push and pull magnetic forces
- Learning how to make a homopolar magnetic motor
No customer reviews for the moment.